GitOps is an operational framework that takes DevOps best practices used for application development such as version control, collaboration, compliance, and CI/CD, and applies them to infrastructure automation.
In this panel discussion, Google Cloud and Gitlab go over some of the business benefits of GitOps, providing real live examples, how to structure organizational teams and outlining what is required to adopt this powerful strategy.
Key Take Aways:
- What is GitOps?
- What the business impact of GitOps is
- How organizations are structuring teams for GitOps
- What your company should consider before embracing GitOps
- William Chia, Sr. GitOps Evangelist, GitLab
- Kenny Johnston, Sr. Director of Product Management, GitLab
- Amina Mansour, Sr. Cloud Solutions Architect, Google
- Théo Chamley, Solutions Architect, Google Cloud
GitLab is a complete DevOps platform, delivered as a single application, fundamentally changing the way Development, Security, and Ops teams collaborate and build software. From idea to production, GitLab helps teams improve cycle time from weeks to minutes, reduce development costs and time to market while increasing developer productivity. We’re the world’s largest all-remote company with team members located in more than 65 countries. As part of the GitLab team, you can work from anywhere with good internet. You’ll have the freedom to contribute when and where you do your best work.